Friday, September 22, 2006

Have you tried playing Mozart yet?

After my last post, many people emailed me to say that they really wanted to try using Mozart for increased concentration when doing tasks like homework, balancing a checkbook, working on taxes, etc. Many people asked which Mozart pieces were best. According to Dr. Alfred Tomatis, who first observed this cause and effect phenomenon back in the 1950's, the five violin concertos of Mozart are the very best pieces to listen to if you want to experience increased concentration.

For true healing effects you would want to listen to the Mozart that relaxes and calms you best. I would suggest the slow movements of not only the violin concertos but also slow movements of piano sonatas, string quartets and symphonies. There is a beautiful solo piano piece called "Adagio in b minor" that is absolutely exquisite. I would recommend getting a recording of that just for pure relaxation! I may make a recording of it myself!

No comments: